Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trickair skis (Read 7981 times)
diceman
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

trickair skis
Jul 16th, 2011 at 5:50am

hello just bought a set of trick air skies for my cub any one on this site have a set would like to talk to any of you that flown with them   have some Q's thanks

IP Logged

JimO
No Posts Yet

I work so I can fly.

Fargo, ND
Re: trickair skis
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 12:30pm

Not thinking about snow right now, but happy to chat.  I bought a set of TA for my Citabria and they worked great.  I donít have much comparison advice because I had never had any experience prior to buying these. 

IP Logged

TrickAir Champ
No Posts Yet

7CCM Champ Iola, WI

waupaca, WI
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 11:41pm

I have lots of time in my champ on trickAir 1500s and have some time in a J3 with 1500s as well.  Fire out the questions snow is still a couple months away.

I fly Trick Air skis

IP Logged

WI Cub Flyer
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Waupaca, WI
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 11:15pm

I've got TrickAir 1500's on my Cessna 140. This winter I'll also be flying a J-3 with TrickAir's. I can honestly say that in the air I can't even tell that they are there. My airspeed is not affected one bit. I can put take them on and off in about 15 minutes using a couple of wrenches. On pavement they are not noticeable and in snow my takeoff run is about 200' longer than off of grass. This year I hope to add a penetration tailwheel ski as the 140's tail is a bit heavy compared to a Cub. No complaints here. Wouldn't trade them for any other skis.

Mat

IP Logged

diceman
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 7:33am

well i guess we will just have to wait for some snooowww thanks

IP Logged

TrickAir Champ
No Posts Yet

7CCM Champ Iola, WI

waupaca, WI
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 9:52pm

Photo of ccm champ on Trick Air 1500 sports. Taken winter of 2010 northern wisconsin. "Delta" is on guard duty.

On the ramp at Minocqua, WI

Rick Kluver AKA "Captain Crunch" With his NE-1 cub on Trick Air 1500 sports at central county airport Iola WI March of 2011.

High speed pass!† I think rick put well over 60 hrs in on skis last year, that's alot of fun, don't tell his wife.

Fresh paint and skis on champ Iola, WI late march 2011.

I fly Trick Air skis

IP Logged

inuk from north
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Kangiqsualujjuaq, Canada
Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 3:46pm

Hi guys,
i bought a pair of Trickair too for my Cessna 140. There are on the plane since saturday as well a tailski for the little wheel.

Up here in Nunavik the lakes are already frozen. Some lake have as much than 13inch of ice.

Can't wait a good weekend day to try them.

My runway in Kangiqsualujjuaq is gravel.... for sure the clearance under the skis is pretty limit.

Will report my first off airport landing soon with photos.
Wink

Pascal

IP Logged

L-19
Some Posts

Birddog Pilot, A&P

Spooner, Wisconsin
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 9:35pm

Hi Pascal, have fun with your new Skis! I was up in your area hunting 2 years ago. We flew out of Kuujjuaq on a caribou hunt, we hit it just right. 3rd day there after not seeing much we were discouraged. That evening right before we headed back to camp the heard came!!! Wow, never seen anything like it before in my life! Our guides estimated around 30,000 animals came thru in a 24 hour period... Truly amazing to watch!! Everyone in camp got 2 that day & we could be selective.

Anyway, enjoy the ski-flying this winter!!

"A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he's learned."
https://www.facebook.com/jefferyrfox  
IP Logged

inuk from north
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Kangiqsualujjuaq, Canada
Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 8:29am

Hi L-19,

wow, this is a great hunting trip !!! I been Up Here since 8 years already, never saw caribou yet.... they are pretty rare around my area. They stick closer to Kuujjuaq.

I just got my plane up here in late August, i figure i will have better chance to see caribous with the plane during winter. However, in early September, i saw my first polar bear on the shore with the plane Smiley  It was magic !

So far, the forecast look very good for the weekend.... hope to go try my Trickair on lakes.

Keep in touch;-)

Pascal

IP Logged

WI Cub Flyer
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Waupaca, WI
Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:25pm

@diceman- Having fun in the Cub? I've been flying a J-3 O-200 on TrickAirs this winter and I'm having a blast. So far I've landed on lakes, pavement, grass, snow, slush, ice and a cross between a lake/marsh/field that Mark aka TrickAir Champ took me to. I felt like a real bush pilot. And that's just in the past month. I did notice that the Cub accelerates best on takeoff with a tail low attitude. My Cessna 140 on TrickAirs accelerates best with the tail much higher.

Mat

IP Logged

diceman
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:16pm

WI Cub Flyer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:25pm:
@diceman- Having fun in the Cub? I've been flying a J-3 O-200 on TrickAirs this winter and I'm having a blast. So far I've landed on lakes, pavement, grass, snow, slush, ice and a cross between a lake/marsh/field that Mark aka TrickAir Champ took me to. I felt like a real bush pilot. And that's just in the past month. I did notice that the Cub accelerates best on takeoff with a tail low attitude. My Cessna 140 on TrickAirs accelerates best with the tail much higher.

hell sounds great, it snowed here once and i had other things to do that weekend, have not flown  in snow yet will see if we get any east coast has been bad for snow good luck

IP Logged

inuk from north
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Kangiqsualujjuaq, Canada
Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 1:15pm

Well.... belive or not, never got the chance to land my skis anywhere yet. Too cold, too windy, too much clouds or too much of hard snow drift on the lakes....† But the spring time up here, knock to our door. My skis seasons should start ine the next few days.

This is photos i took yesterday, while i went cleaning the doors of my hangar.

Pascal

IP Logged

beaver18
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:24pm

This is kind of funny i just took mine off because the lack of snow down south and you are just starting your season, i enjoyed mine very much so i hope you have fun with yours.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print