Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Need rubber bushings for 1500 Federal skis??? (Read 17994 times)
cubdriver2

Ski Flyer

Re: Need rubber bushings for 1500 Federal skis???
Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
I still like the rubber and will coninue using it. If you end up on lake ice that has even a little texture it will rattle the fillings out of your teeth, and thats with rubber bushings. I can't imagine how rough it would be with solid bushings. Don't forget that it's going threw the airframe before it gets to your teeth.

Glenn

YouTube  
IP Logged

cubdriver2

Ski Flyer

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
cubdriver2 wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:45pm:
I still like the rubber and will coninue using it. If you end up on lake ice that has even a little texture it will rattle the fillings out of your teeth, and thats with rubber bushings. I can't imagine how rough it would be with solid bushings. Don't forget that it's going through the airframe before it gets to your teeth.

Glenn

YouTube  
IP Logged

WWhunter

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I know this is old but I think Eric had teflon type bushings made for his skis when he had his Champ.
For hose that can be used try to find a place that repairs/makes hydraulic hose, they have many different sizes. I also thought I read someplace that WAGAERO might be carrying the bushings now. Worth a check.

A Country Boy Will Survive!!

IP Logged

avidflyer
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 2:25am
Print Post  
I think I have solved my problem.  There is a 1 1/2" ID hydrolic return hose called Ortac.  Mars company has it.  I found some old stuff and think it will work.  The problem I found with radiator hose was the wall thickness was to thin to fit over the steel sleeves that fit over the axels,  and fill the hole in the ski.  Ortac has at least 1/4"  wall thickness and no steel wires for reinforcing.  Here in pictures is what I did.  The old lathe that I acquired recently came in handy.  I figured if I could press the hose onto the inner steel sleeve, I could turn down the outside to the right size.  I had to build a cone shaped adaptor to start the 1 1/2" ID hose onto the 1 5/8" OD steel sleeve and then something to hold it in the lathe.  All in all it was lots of fun and I think it will work just fine.  Now that I got it typed up and ready to put the pics on, I remembered that they have to go through photo bucket and I have no clue how to do it.  The only thing I don't like about this site.... (sorry)  Jim Chuk

PS  I tried the photo bucket thing with no success.  If anyone wants the pics or will post them here, I'll send them to you.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2013 at 2:50pm by avidflyer »  

IP Logged

Lee Hilbert

C-120 Skis/Floats

Reply #19 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Good Job!

C-120 floats and skis
Anybody can fly off an airport
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top