Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Returning ski flyer (Read 2903 times)
Dave Griffith
No Posts Yet

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Returning ski flyer
Dec 5th, 2002 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I'm Dave Griffith.I bought my first airplane,a 1941 J-3 about a year and a half ago.I flew a Cub on skis about30 yrs ago.I actually had the pleasure of flight instructing for a FBO that had a 7AC and later a J-3,which was put on skis in the winter.Believe it or not,I was the only CFI that was interested in teaching in the Cub.I had the pleasure of actually soloing a few beginning students in the Cub.This in a day when headsets and intercomms were not used!I'm looking forward to doing the first ski flying in my Cub in many years.The winters in NW IL have not been good for ski flying but I'm hoping this year will be different.

IP Logged

semtav
No Posts Yet

Re: Returning ski flyer
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2004 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Dave did you ever get to solo someone on skis as their first solo ? I'm working on someone that I hope makes it before the snow all disappears.

IP Logged

Super Cub Joe
No Posts Yet

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2004 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
My wife's first solo was on skis.  She took her training from John Hatz (the designer of the Hatz Biplane) in his J3 Cub.  John taught her how to fly, and taught me how to fly skis.  We miss him!

IP Logged

BillRusk
Some Posts

Supercub on Aeroski 2000,
and J-3 on fed 1500's

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2004 at 1:40pm
Print Post  

Supercubjoe

I'm building a Hatz biplane. Live at Poplar Grove, Illinois, just outside rockford. Had the pleasure of meeting most of the Hatz boys. Fly a cub on skis when we have snow.

Dave, where are you at?

Bill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top