Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ski flying season 03-04 (Read 1837 times)
kitfoxkirk
No Posts Yet

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Ski flying season 03-04
Oct 3rd, 2003 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Hello:

My name is Kirk Martenson.  I have a Kitfox Classic IV that I built in Eau Claire WI. It took about 4.5 years part time to build, and I started flying it in January 2001.  I now keep the plane at Lake Elmo (21D), and have about 230 hours on it.  I flew on skis for the first time last year on skis that I designed and built.  They seem to work pretty good, but they were the first article.  I am currently building another set that have improvements made to them.  I had so much fun ski flying last winter that I hope we get alot of snow, early this year.  Smiley

IP Logged

Eric Hutchins
YaBB Moderator

I hunt, fish, and fly
a Scout

Re: Ski flying season 03-04
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2003 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Welcome Kirk,
Many of us as well hope for a good winter to fly skis. We are going to try and have several outings this winter. One for sure that isn't too far from you is the Aitkin Ski flyin. They have a nice sod strip that is kept ski a/c friendly. Sounds like you fly alot and are loving your Kitfox. Eric up in Grand Rapids

If you need a reason to fly then sell your plane. Way to many pilots out there with a bowl of fruit sitting on their cowling.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top