Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NW Minnesota (Read 3770 times)
citabriaflyr
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

NW Minnesota
Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:12am
Print Post  
New guy here in Nw minnesota. I fly a Citabria on aero retractables. I am always looking for places and people to fly with.

IP Logged

WWhunter

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Re: NW Minnesota
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Where abouts in NW MN?  Several guys on here from the northcentral part of the state.
WW  Near Itasca State Park

A Country Boy Will Survive!!

IP Logged

citabriaflyr
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Hallock MN. About as far north and west as you can get. Hows the conditions been for you over there this winter? Not too bad here but it is melting now. I plan on going to Warroad Feb. 22nd

IP Logged

WWhunter

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
NASTY Cold!! Got plenty of snow that's for sure. Everything was covered with ice here yesterday and light drizzle most of today so the snow is getting depleted. Going to be some nasty roads tonight.
Not sure if I will make it to Warroad. I'm still on wheels and fly out of my own strip. A friend plowed it out for me so I may try and get out on and up there.

If you are down in this area stop in. There are several memebers of this site that live nearby. Some have strips also. Mine is 1000' and I'm on the east side of Itasca State Park.

Keith

IP Logged

citabriaflyr
No Posts Yet

Ski Flyer

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Been really cold here too. I actually got used to flying in 0 to -15 below this winter. I've never flown around Itasca/ Duluth area before. Any fly-ins in your area let me know!

IP Logged

WWhunter

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Not sure if you want to fly this far but there is a fly-in at Long Lake this weekend. Here are the gps coordinates: N 47* 09.454
W 92* 17.095

If you cant find it with gps, it located 7 miles east of the city of Cotton MN. which is on hiway 53 north of Duluth,MN.

I amy try to go. I was going to fly the Champ on BushWheel but got about 3-4 inches of snow yesterday and it might be a little too much with the winds/drifting to get out of my strip. I've got the 172 pickled for the winter in town and may just go change the oil and take it....have to see what the weather is like.

Keith

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top